Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cutting up old t-shirts to make jewelry!






I made these necklaces using cut up t-shirts.
For the flower necklace, I coiled strips of pink and turquoise shirts into spirals. I stitched in several places to give the appearance of petals and added some beads. The cord is a long piece of pink t-shirt that I stretched to make it roll in on itself. I sewed the flowers to the cord and added some green leaves from an old crocheted doily. I added some findings from old jewelry for the clasp.

For the beaded necklace, I stretched turquoise t-shirt strip for the cord and added the brass pendant. I made knots on the cord on each side of the pendant, added wooden beads, knotted again, more beads. I tied the cord together-it stretches right over my head.

I entered these at the Tea Rose Home link party:

1 comment:

Sachiko said...

They look very pretty. Great job!