Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April 25, 2011: I found a kitten!


I had a doctor's appointment yesterday at 11:15. After I parked the car I was walking across to the building's entry way. Then I heard some sad mewing. There was a little baby kitten all alone on the walkway near the elevator.

Of course, I had to pick her up. She is tiny - maybe 3 weeks old. I went back to my car and got a tote bag. I put her in the bag so building security wouldn't try and stop me. She stayed quiet all through my appointment. I've named her Stella because that's the doctor's name and it's cute.

I went to Petco and got kitten formula, bottles and a soft carrying case. I took her to the nursing home with me since she needs to be fed every couple of hours. Everyone loved her.

This morning I have her in my office with me. I'm taking her to the vet right after work. I hope she gets a clean bill of health. She is just the cutest little calico kitten.

Jim called me this morning to check on her. He said that I looked so happy holding the kitten. I hope that I can make the time to care for her.

No comments: