Friday, December 24, 2010

2010-12-24 Blue Christmas



It's going to be a "blue" christmas without Jim tomorrow. I'm thrilled that Kevin and Tomoko are here. Andy will be here, too and will make us a great brunch. I was so looking forward to Christmas this year. We will still have a jolly ole time but for me, it will be bittersweet.

Every Christmas Eve I take a picture of my tree with all the presents. There are a lot fewer this year than usual - mostly because I don't have a big bunch of gifts from Jim. I couldn't shop anymore after November 24 either so I didn't buy everyone all the gifts that I wanted to give them or finish making several of the gifts.

I couldn't get the decorations out of the attic so I made do with what I had available. I usually put up lots of little trees. This year Lupita helped me put up just my little pink trees. Then I brought in my pink poodle collection. I also used some sparkly pink balls that I kept in a glass bowl in the china cabinet. It looks pretty darned cute, if I do say so myself.

So, maybe I should say we're having a "pink" Christmas. Just looking at my pink trees lifts my spirits. "Doesn't everyone like pink?!"

No comments: