I wanted a royal blue jacket with little snowflakes on it. I didn't have a blue sweatshirt so I used this dark green one. The large fleece snowflakes came from an estate sale. I "made it work." I cut 3 of the snowflakes in half and appliqued them to the front opening. I made a pocket from the sweatshirt's bottom binding and appliqued a snowflake on it. There are 3 more snowflakes on the back.
I finished the edges with some dark green binding that I just happened to have on hand. The white trim was also in my stash.
Using what I had inspired me to create something very different from my original concept. I've never seen any jacket like this one. It turned out quite stylish. I'm very pleased with it!