Wednesday, November 15, 2017

November 14, 2017

Whew!  I've been busy.  Everyday I unpack a box or two, clean up the resulting mess and start again the following day.  I probably have at least 50 more boxes to go.  Why do I have so much stuff?

I sold and gave away so many of my things before I left Houston.  Now I'm continuing the purge.  I've already taken one big box to Goodwill and I have another big one packed to go.

Before I moved here I had planned on finding a part time job.  So I kept a lot of my work clothes. That was pre-bus accident.  Now I'm still recovering.  I get exhausted easily because of the pain.  Tomorrow is my 6 month follow up with the trauma surgeon.  I want to ask him what else I can do to get better.  I still go to physical therapy, stretch and exercise.  Have I hit a plateau or what?

This morning I went to a meet up group of 60+ singles.  They are a nice bunch of people and do a lot of activities together.  Unfortunately, most of their activities are hiking, biking, etc.  Every Tuesday morning they meet for coffee.  It's across town at 9 AM but I got up and went.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to the first meeting of a book club in my neighborhood.  I learned about it on nextdoor.com.  We're meeting just a few blocks from my house.

Sweetsie is enjoying her backyard.  Sometimes she runs back and forth.  I still am hiring a dog walker because she needs more exercise than that.  I'd rather be safe and let someone else take her.  She loves her new dog walker in our neighborhood.  They go around the park which is nearby.

Sweetsie and Stella are already in bed waiting for me.  Good night.




No comments: