Friday, July 10, 2020

2020-07-10: Positive from Pandemic

My family isn't so busy anymore.  There are no birthday parties, little league games, ballet practice.  The kids have just a few playdates with one or two families.

That's my good news!  Now they have time to spend with me.  I get to see them a couple times per week.  I've been having them over for dinner on Sundays.

I had a basketball hoop installed over my garage.  My grandson loves basketball.  The whole family bikes over to play hoops.  My granddaughter doesn't enjoy the game so much.  She and I spend time together watching cartoons or doing crafts.

It's been wonderful.  After all, I moved to Portland to be near them.  Of course I do miss seeing my Portland friends.  I joined several organizations here and I miss the in person meetings.  Now we zoom.  I'm a member of North Star Village, the American Sewing Guild, Columbia FiberArts Guild, CFG Wearables group and The Time Travelers' Costume club.

I miss all the things that everyone else misses - going to restaurants, movies, shopping, traveling, get-togethers with friends, etc.

But I remind myself of the positive within the tragedy of the Covid pandemic.
My grandson, Kenny


My granddaughter, Miho

No comments: