Sunday, November 6, 2011

November 6, 2011

The paramedics just left. Mom fell out of bed again. I had to tell her not to cry and scream or they'd take her to the hospital. At least she listened to me.

A couple of years ago she pressed her lifeline button and the paramedics came when we weren't home. They took her to the ER. She probably scared them with all her crying. Andy, back before Jim got hurt and he still spoke to us, showed up at the house but the paramedics wouldn't listen to him. Mom spent the whole time in the ER complaining that she wanted to go home.

Tonight I put a diaper on her and told her to just stay in bed. Usually she gets up at least a half dozen times to go to the bathroom. I think she forgets that she just went and gets up again.

I don't what to do. I know she gets better care here than at a nursing home. I'm afraid that if I put guardrails on her bed she'll forget about why she has them and start screaming.

The stasis ulcers on her legs are getting worse. She just won't keep her feet elevated.

Jim is more cooperative. He gets cranky but he tries to take care of himself a bit.

At least if you are reading this blog you can stop reading at any time. When people ask me how I'm doing, I tell them. It upsets them. I wish people would only ask if they wanted to hear the answer.

I really dislike when strangers ask "how ya doing?" instead of a simple "hello."

I guess that makes me strange. I have to work at remembering that they think they are being "civil." I don't know why I can't get that through my head.

No comments: