Sunday, November 6, 2011

November 5, 2011

Tonight Jim used a walker to walk from the kitchen table to his bed in the dining room. This is a BIG deal. He was walking with his back straight and lifting his feet. The next big destination - the bathroom!

Yesterday I was at the Quilt Festival from 10 AM to 5 PM. I was still tired this morning. Since I didn't take my scooter I had to choose between shopping and admiring the quilts. Shopping always wins. I wish I had had enough energy to go visit the ASG booth, see the art dolls and wearable art.

I'd have to pay a sitter again to go another day. So, I packed in as much as I could in one day. I wasn't even sure that I wanted to go this year. I never got to play with my purchases from last year. Jim's accident occurred just a couple of weeks after the show.

I decided to go and not buy any fabric or clothes. I did really well. I only bought 3 fat quarters - of cute cats and a poodle. I want to make Kenny some diaper covers with them.

I went through lots of planning in choosing which handbag and shopping bag to take with me. I ended up throwing my purse into the shopping bag. I bought a half apron to hold my credit cards, cash and phone. Later I found a cute little compact bag to carry - it was only $8.00. It worked better than the apron since it was easier to look into. The tote bag worked our very well. It got heavy quickly since I put my coat and large fringy scarf into it early on. The convention center was too warm.

I bought a pattern to make a light weight wallet and one for a drapey vest. That was it for pattern purchases.

Several booths had Laurel Burch stuff. I couldn't resist buying 2 silk scarves for $5 each and a large tote bag for $20. I purchased one strand of beads and 4 strands of french ribbon to make necklaces from.

I finally found the little table top needle threader that I had heard about. I got a hemostat to replace the one I broke recently. I found a pair of scissors that Jim could use and a couple of clamps for his occupational therapy.

I wanted to buy these flower makers that I read about. I couldn't remember the name but I knew the manufacturer was Clover. Nobody knew what I was talking about. I did find some locker hooking needles. I read an article on locker hooking that looked pretty interesting so I want to try it out. It looks like a good craft to do while watching TV with Mom.

All in all I am proud of myself for resisting all the beautiful fabrics, yarns and embellishments. My sewing time is more limited now and I don't need more projects waiting to be made.

No comments: