Tuesday, September 4, 2012

September 4, 2012

I had to work last Friday, 8/31/12.  I left the office and got home around 5 PM.  Jim was exercising with Lupita so I had the house to myself.

Instead of enjoying the time alone I decided to put up a new bird feeder.  This one attaches to the window with suction cups.  First, I had to wash the window.  I went out the back door in the family room to get to the window.  A chair and a table were blocking the way.  So, I decided to rearrange the furniture also.

Moving a chair put a bump in the area rug.  My foot caught on the bump and I fell face first onto our small cat tree.  There was an extra pole sticking up out of the top of the tree.  I managed to push it aside a little but it caught my neck and gave me a big boo boo.  I bruised my arms and right knee, too.

I was going to get right back to moving furniture but my neck really hurt.  I looked in the mirror and decided I needed to sit down with an ice pack.

When Lupita came back with Jim she helped me finish moving the furniture.  But first she wanted to take a picture of my latest injury.  Here it is:

I've covered it with makeup to go to work today.  It doesn't look all that bad anymore.

No comments: