Sunday, December 16, 2012

December 16, 2012

Yesterday I went to visit Mom.  Then I went to Fuddruckers to get a hamburger - figured I need to eat something substantial occasionally.

It took so long to get the burger that I stuck it in my purse so I could eat it in the movie theater.  I watched Skyfall - a James Bond movie.  It's the first James Bond movie that I have seen without Jim in 15 years.

It's not too bad going to movies alone but I'm going to have to practice going to restaurants alone or I'll have to start cooking myself decent meals.

Today I met Andy at the Edwards theater on I-10.  We had lunch at Cafe Adobe and then we went to watch The Hobbit.  The Hobbit had some boring bits but mostly it was pretty good.

The area has changed a lot since I was there last.  The covered mall part is gone.  Now there is a satellite police station.  Dave and Buster's (used to be Jillian's) is still there.  After the movie Andy and I played skee-ball and whack-a-mole.  It's been a long time since I've played games like that, too.

So, I did well this weekend.  I went out and enjoyed myself.

No comments: