Friday, December 28, 2012

December 28, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!  I'm going to celebrate today by going to visit Mom.  I think I'll bring her a cupcake and we can share it.

Then I'm attending a tea party at the home of one of the tea-sters.  I'm in a meetup group for people who like tea.  She's going to serve lunch, too.  I've only attended one of their meetups before but they were very friendly.

From there I'll go shopping to buy myself a birthday present.

Andy and I are going out to dinner tonight.

It should be a fun day.

I have been on holiday break.  I return to work the day after New Year's.  For the past 2 days I've stayed in my studio cleaning and making stuff.  My kitty, Stella has been so happy that I'm at home.  I've made a couple of necklaces.  I bought a scarf pattern from Saf-t Patterns and made up a couple.  I tried making one without a pattern.  It was okay.  Then I just gave in and paid the $4 for the online pattern.  It was worth it.  The pattern is very well written.

My studio is so full.  Besides my sewing machines, cutting tables and fabric I have yarns and needles, jewelry making supplies, doll and dollhouse making stuff, drawing pads, flower arranging supplies, pictures for decoupage, along with books and magazines on these subjects.  I'm thinning down the jewelry making items.  I was going to give up my doll things but then I thought "what if I have a granddaughter?"

Everything is well organized until I start a project.  Then I go through my supplies looking for things and make a huge mess..

Oh well.  I know that I am very lucky to have hobbies.  Making things is a great stress reliever.

No comments: