Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013

I had a fun weekend.  On Friday night Lupita and I went to a Frida Kahlo festival at the East End Gallery.  Frida-inspired art by local artists was on display.  There were also vendors selling Frida jewelry, etc.

Lupita and I both entered the Frida look alike contest.  The contest was judged by applause.  I got a little applause but Lupita got the most and won the contest!  She was awarded a large poster and a floral headband.



On Saturday morning I saw the new movie, Oblivion with friends.  It was a better story than I had anticipated and of course, Tom Cruise looked cute in it.  Then Cindi, Debbie and I had lunch at Cafe Adobe.

This morning I am expecting Ian to come over and do some more repairs on the house.  It is so nice to get everything back in working condition.

I am off this Tuesday and working on Friday instead.  Altha, my new supervisor wanted a long weekend.  I have an appointment with Dr Bloome in the morning.  I want to talk with him one more time before I have surgery next month.  I hope I won't have to wear that big old boot too long after surgery.

No comments: