Monday, January 27, 2014

January 27, 2014: a smelly day

Today started out just fine.  It's my day off and I slept until 7:30 AM.

I was in the bedroom cleaning my closet and I heard weird gurgling noises.  I went in the bathroom and there was sewer water on the floor.  The toilet bowl was totally empty.  I started throwing down towels to sop up the water.

I went to check the other bathroom.  The same thing!  I called the city.  I thought someone might be working on the sewers.  But, that wasn't the problem.  I called my plumber.  He came right over.  The sewer line to my house is partially busted.  He fixed it enough for a few days.  He has to come back later with a special camera to put down the pipes and figure out all the damage.

Luckily, my friend Bert was here today.  He brought out my water vacuum and worked on the water on the floor in the bathrooms.

There's always some kind of problem with a house.  This has been a very stinky one!

No comments: