Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Using my Japanese fabric

Kevin has brought me lots of fabric from Japan. It's hard to think of what to make with it. I wanted to be sure that the project to turned out well so I used a tried and true pattern. I decided to make Kevin a "smoking jacket" from a rust and navy striped silk. First I prewashed the fabric. Then I had to sew large lengths of it together since it was only about 12" wide. I had an entire bolt but I still had to use a navy rayon for the back. I used the same pattern that I used for Andy's smoking jacket.

I bought Kevin some navy sweatpants and silky shorts to go with the jacket. I sent it to him for his birthday on February 10th.

No comments: