Friday, November 26, 2010

A Really Black Friday today

Wednesday evening, 11/24/2010, my sweet husband Jim fell in the bathroom. He was sitting down and fainted. He only fell a couple feet. The way he fell injured his spinal cord. The doctors think that it injured the cervical vertebrae 4, 5 & 6. He can breathe on his own, talk and move his head. He can't move his hands or feel his legs.

He is in tremendous pain and suffers periodic spasms in his trunk and leg muscles.

I am still in shock. I'm used to being the injured one. I'm writing this trying to come to terms with our new life.

He will probably have surgery next week after some of the swelling in his discs subsides.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Our family's thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help.