Sunday, March 10, 2013

March 10, 2013

I went to Sam Houston Race Track last night with a meetup group.  We had a great table by the window near the starting line.  Unfortunately, the buffet was up a bunch of stairs.  Who would think that climbing stairs uses your abdomen muscles?  I was very sore when I woke up this morning.
I'm getting to feel comfortable with everyone.  One woman, Lady, even went back up to the buffet to get me dessert.

I stayed for the first 4 races.  It was almost 30 minutes between races.  The next one was the ostrich race.  It was a very short race but it was fun to watch.


This morning I found my journal from August 2006 that I kept at the time of my lapband surgery.  I was in lots of pain that time, too.  I was even having pain a month later.  So, now I feel better that my abdomen still hurts so much.  I was getting worried that the doctor had left a scalpel in my gut because  I get so many sharp stabbing pains.  So, I'm relieved.  I am probably just fine.

I took half a vicodin last night before I went to bed.  My abdomen hurt and I wanted to get a good night's sleep.  I slept until 10 AM this morning!  The cats were really mad at me.

I still have a long way to go before my house is back in order.  The surgery was at a bad time.  The house is a mess but I can't lift anything over 10 pounds or over exert myself.

Today I took apart a large flower arrangement that I had made for my wedding day.  I'd kept it for sentimental reasons.  There is no reason to keep it anymore.  I was able to make 3 floral arrangements with the flowers that I took from it.

No comments: