Saturday, May 18, 2013

First Date- May 8, 2013

Match.com

He wrote to me first.  In his second message he wanted me to text him.  I called him a "scammer" and said goodbye.  He wrote back saying he wasn't a scammer, that he was here in Houston.  I believed him and wrote back to him.

He wrote me wanting to meet over drinks.  I suggested coffee instead.  So, we met at the Starbucks in Meyerland.  That was his choice.  I got there a few minutes early and ordered an iced coffee.  He (Lee) came in and I recognized him immediately from his photo.

He ordered a coffee with 2 shots of expresso. He didn't like it and had them make something else.  In the meantime a table emptied out and I snagged it.  While I was waiting another man asked if he could sit with me since there were no other tables.  I said okay but that I was waiting for my date to get coffee.  He left.

When Lee came to the table I joked that I could save money by just coming to Starbucks and quit match.com.  He didn't laugh at my joke.  When I look back at our conversation he never did laugh at anything I said.  I'm always joking around so that was kind of weird.

We talked about an hour and he said "are you ready to go, babe?"  I said okay and we started walking towards my car.  I said goodbye to him.  He asked if he could sit with me for a couple minutes.  I said okay.  I opened the windows and spoke to him for maybe 10 minutes.  I gave him my card with my blog address.  I told him that I was having foot surgery on May 16.  He said he'd have to ask me out again before then.  I said okay and he left.

He sent me a thank you via match.com.  That was the last that I've heard from him.  He acted like a gentleman.  I do wonder why he got into my car unless he thought I'd take him to my house.  I will never take anyone back to my house on the first date.  Is that what the men expect these days or do they just hope it'll happen.  Or did he just want to continue our conversation?

At least I now have my first date under my belt.  I won't have to be so nervous next time.  Hopefully I will not talk so much about myself.  I tried not to but he kept asking me questions.  I tried asking him questions but he was able to keep his answers short.  Oh well.  Live and learn!

No comments: