Saturday, May 18, 2013

May 16, 2013

I took a taxi to Texas Orthopedic Hospital at 5 AM.  I was supposed to arrive at 6 so I had to wait around.

I was taken back to the pre surgery area.  I think there was only one RN on duty so it  I laid on the bed and read a magazine.  The nurse had trouble putting in my iv.  It's always difficult to find a vein in my hands.

The doctor came by and drew on my foot so he'd be sure to work on the correct toes.  Dr Bloome is the same doctor who fixed my torn achilles in 2010 so I trust him.

I don't even remember being taken to the operating room.  My next memory is the recovery room.

The nurse called Andy to come get me at 10 AM.

So now I have to sit around with my foot elevated.  The pain is not too bad.  My foot throbs when I put it down and walk.

I can't drive for a couple of weeks.  Today is May 18th and I'm already bored of movies.

I'm going to start making yoyos and flowers to keep occupied.  When I get tired of that there is always knitting.

Here are photos I took of my toes in the waiting room that morning.  The second toe is a hammer toe - it bends down from the second joint.  The third toe is a mallot toe and it bends down from the first joint.  After my knee replacement in July 2010 these toes on my right foot started to go beserk.  The doctors don't know why.



No comments: