Tuesday, June 4, 2013

June 4, 2013

Yesterday my supervisor called me on my cell asking me to switch my day off.  So, I'm at home today. Sometimes I think I should work more hours.  I only work 20 hours a week.  That was good when I was caring for 2 invalids at home.  But now I have lots of free time.

I've been enjoying getting my house back into good shape.  I can put things into place and they stay there.  When Mama first moved in she put stuff where she thought they should go.  I guess I'm a bit of a hyper-organizer.

When I first started living alone I tried to not spread out throughout the house.  But then I thought why not?  As a result things are much easier to find because they are not all jammed together into a small space.

I make messes though.  I like to make "stuff."  Right now I'm working on painting a few things - a large plant root, ceramic cookie jar and sunglasses.  So paint and brushes are lying about.

If I didn't like to create things, I could have a nice neat house.  At least I do confine my tools to a small space in the kitchen.

I'm considering re-doing my laundry room.  It's a huge space but not organized.  If it got shaped up, I could keep my painting projects in there, not in the kitchen.

So, this how I now spend my free time.  After all my house rearranging I'll have lots of free time.  Or will I ever be finished?


No comments: