Sunday, September 8, 2013

September 8, 2013: Progress

I just did something unusual for me.

A man I dated twice told me he wanted to take our relationship to the "next level."  After the first date he was calling us "a couple."  I told him that we didn't even know each other yet.  He kept texting me all day yesterday and even asked what I was doing and where I was. I do not have to answer these questions from someone I just met.

But, I still went out to a movie with him last night.  He gave me a couple little kisses during the movie. I let him put his arm around me.  We drove back and he dropped me off on my driveway and said he was going home.  That was kind of weird.  If he wanted me to at least kiss him, he would have gotten out of the car.

Then the texts start up, again even though I told him that I don't carry my phone with me all the time and that I'm better with email.  His texts were basically an ultimatum.  Either intimacy on our next date or no more dates.  I wasn't sure if I was even attracted to him yet so I wasn't ready.  I texted him that I had read his text and was thinking of my response.  A few minutes later I get "Well?????" Then "Joann, r u going to answer???"

That was enough of that.  I emailed him (not texted) that I didn't think we were compatible and wished him luck and good bye.  He wrote me back, all in caps, seeming surprised that I was calling it quits.  He continued to send me multiple "flirts" through the dating website until I blocked him.

I know I did the right thing.  It was nice to have him take me to the movies but I wasn't really into him. Last night on the way back to my house he stopped on the side of 45 and started looking for a cd.  I told him that that made me uncomfortable but he didn't respond, just kept digging through his cd's.  If a man isn't respectful to a woman in the very beginning of a relationship, that does not bode well for the future. Plus, if he wanted some affection, he could have at least gotten out of the car.

Anyway, I am actually proud of myself.  I didn't like him being so pushy and bossy.  He didn't listen to me nor did he have much to talk about.  (He had told me a bunch of his physical ailments during our first date. We all have our share of problems at this age but he told me some of his physical shortcomings that made him very unattractive for intimacy - ever.)

Onward!

No comments: