Monday, September 11, 2017

September 11, 2017

Tomorrow is the inspection for a house that I have a contract on.  It's a small house but it has a 2 car attached garage.  That is so rare to find in Portland.  It also is on flat ground.

There are a couple stairs from the porch.  I'll have to install a hand rail for sure and maybe a ramp.  It doesn't have a covered patio.  There is a back deck and I hope to be able to install a roof over it.

The house meets most of my requirements.  Hopefully, the inspection will go well and the seller will make any of the needed repairs.

Andy was here visiting from Thursday night to Monday morning.  We went to Gearhart, Oregon on the southern coast.  Kevin and his family were sharing a house with 2 other couples with kids.  There wasn't enough room in the house for me so I stayed in a nearby condo.

The condo was great - I could see the ocean and beach from the patio.

at dusk
After the first night Andy decided to stay with me in the condo where there was a nice long sofa.  Kevin and family came over for lunch and played in the condo's big pool.


The next day we went to the beach.  The dogs had a great time chasing a ball and a frisbee.  Sweetsie liked rolling in the sand.

We drove back on Sunday.  Kenny and Miho love their Uncle Andy.  Andy got to watch cartoons and learn all about Ninjago.  Miho liked playing house with him in her little toy closet.


It was wonderful having both my sons together and spending time as a family!

Andy and I had breakfast in the Russellville restaurant.  Sweetsie had to sit in a box since I am trying to use my cane more.  Before she would just sit in my walker basket.
Andy carried her out of the restaurant in her box.  She really is a very well behaved little poodle..







No comments: