Tuesday, September 19, 2017

September 19, 2017


Yesterday was a sorry day for the city of Portland. 

It was the day of the hearing for the bus driver who crashed  into me on 5/22/2017. My lawyer picked me up and took me to the courthouse in case I needed to testify.

The driver didn't show up.  A lawyer came in his stead.  The deputy who issued the tickets didn't show up.  My lawyer wanted to show the judge the video of the bus accident.  The judge said that he could not find the bus driver guilty because the police officer did not bother to come to court to testify.

So, the driver's record will be cleared of these 2 tickets for reckless driving and not yielding to a pedestrian.

We don't know if he is still employed by the Trimet bus company or if he is still driving a bus for the city of Portland.

My lawyer discovered that this driver had previous reckless driving tickets before he was hired by Trimet.

Of course, I will continue my civil suit against the bus company which is city-owned.  It would have been more straightforward if the driver had been found guilty.

So, this irresponsible man gets away unscathed.

I have to go now to my physical therapy appointment.  The therapy is always painful.  My injuries will remain with me for the rest of my life.

I am rightfully VERY pissed off!

No comments: