Sunday, July 10, 2011

July 10, 2011

I forgot to pop my antidepressants as soon as I woke up this morning. I went to Kroger's at 8:30 AM and I kept thinking of how Jim used to go with me and was such a big help. So now I'm crying again.

It's amazing how we go through groceries. I went twice this week and spent over $100 each time. We have salad at least once a day so I've got to pick up fresh veggies.
Mom and Jim each eat 2 eggs per day. A dozen eggs doesn't last very long around here. Then there's the fresh fruit, bread, etc.

Jim and I used to go out to eat several times a week. Now every meal is at home. That means shopping, putting groceries away, preparing meals and then cleaning. It's a lot of work. Jim's morning caregiver, Chris makes breakfast for Jim and sometimes for Mom.

Mom likes to sit in her room with her walker in the doorway. That's her signal that she wants someone to come in and put her slippers, etc. on her. This morning I told Mom to go to the kitchen before Chris leaves so he would make her breakfast.

Yesterday she went back into her room after breakfast waiting to be dressed. If I ask her, if she can dress herself she always says "of course." But yesterday she stayed in her robe all day.

I left the 2 of them alone yesterday for 2 hours so I could go to a sewing meeting. They did just fine.

When Jim was in the hospital and nursing home I spent lots of time with him. Now he sits at his computer all day and evening. He interacts with his caregivers more than me. So, now I feel lonely too.

No comments: