Saturday, March 22, 2014

March 22, 2014: my mummified leg

After the vein surgery my leg was wrapped from the bottom of my foot to mid thigh with ace bandages. When I first stood up in the hospital my leg bled through the bandages and was patched with what looks like a diaper - lovely, isn't it?

There isn't much pain at all as long as I keep my leg elevated.  Yesterday my neck and abdominal muscles hurt.  I don't know what the doctor was doing with me that I had these unrelated aches and pains.

Today I feel pretty good.  I have to keep reminding myself to rest.  I did some hand sewing while I watched TV.

Monday the bandages will be changed and I get to see what my leg looks like.  I didn't see the doctor after surgery so I don't know if he was able to just use the laser or if he had to do several incisions.  I wish doctors would take an extra five minutes and jot down a couple of notes and give it to their patients and/or their families.  I did call the doctor's office yesterday but the nurse didn't know the answers to my questions.

No comments: