Sunday, May 6, 2018

May 5, 2018


Oregon Convention Center


Last Saturday I went to the "Gathering of the Guilds" at the Oregon Convention Center with Sheila,  a friend I made at an ASG meeting.  It was a big show including the bead, woodcrafting, glass, weaving and metal arts guilds. (I had to use my walker to be able to walk that far.)

One woman made jewelry out of legos.


Here is a sewing basket in the shape of a house at a beader's booth. It was very detailed inside and out.
This was an interesting layering of plastic bags.  No one was available at this booth to talk to me about it.

I put my name on one ticket for the free door prize drawing.  The next day I received a call that I had won second place!  I won a silver, amethyst geode ring with a small diamond that retails for $495.00.
I like big chunky rings so this ring is perfect for me.


I hope winning this drawing signals that my luck has changed. 



Today we went to the Crafty Wonderland show at the convention center.  (I had to use my walker to be able to walk that far.)
 It wasn't as big an affair as the Gathering of the Guilds.  There were t-shirts, jewelry, art and lots of cat-themed things at the show. I did get to catch a glimpse of Mosho the Cat Rapper.  I couldn't see over the heads of people to see his cat DJ.  About 5 minutes of listening to his rap was enough for me.  I've included his link in case anyone wants to hear him.

Spring has come to Portland.  A big park is just around the corner from me.

And the flowering trees are just beautiful.

Last month the cherry tree across the street from my house was gorgeousl.

The dogwood trees are in bloom now. PINK!




No comments: