Saturday, June 4, 2011

June 4, 2011: I am totally exhausted.

I just don't know if I can handle this but what choice do I have? Jim needs so much done for him. It's overwhelming.

I got up at 5:30 AM today so I could let in the aide at 6. He got Jim up on the bedside commode to do his bowel program, gave him a shower, dressed him and got him into his chair. I had to assist a lot. Tomorrow we're having a different aide. It's a pain teaching them what to do.

Then I made breakfast for the 3 of us. Lupita came at 9:30 to take Jim to TIRR's gym at Kirby Glen. For $30/month Jim can use the gym equipment on Saturday mornings and late afternoons Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Lupita will work with him at the gym. That's good because I don't when Jim will get on the schedule for OT & PT.

Jim was concerned this morning because he didn't void very much. So I cathed him. It's a good thing I did because his bladder was extremely full.

Then Lupita took Jim. I started cleaning the kitchen, laundry room, organizing Jim's stuff. I decided to lay down and rest a little. But, Mom starting calling me. She wanted to be dressed and eat again. I told her she just had breakfast and to dress herself. She got mad at me. She sat in her recliner and went into a very deep sleep.

Jim & Lupita returned and I kept on cleaning house. Then I fixed pork chops while Lupita went shopping for salad fixings.

After dinner I sat down for a little while. Jim wanted to stay up and watch TV. But, I realized that his rental bed is so rickety that I wouldn't be able to get him into bed by myself. So, he was on the bed by 8:30. But then there was insulin and pills to give him. He wasn't comfortable so we had to work on his pillows. This would have been impossible for me to do alone. Lupita and Jimmy worked hard to get Jim settled for the night. Jim took a sleeping pill so I hope that I can have a little time alone now.

I should go to bed but I want to take advantage of the quiet time by myself.

No comments: