Thursday, June 2, 2011

June 2, 2011: waiting game

Jim is getting discharged tomorrow. The doctor gave us an extra day to get the home ready. I have one wheelchair ramp installed in the garage and I ordered one for the front door. The dining room is cleared out and ready for a hospital bed. That's what I'm waiting for today.

Aetna hasn't approved the bed yet. They won't approve an extra day at TIRR or ManorCare either. So, now I'm trying to rent a bed. I don't know what we'll do if we don't have a bed. Maybe he can sleep in his chair.

It's almost 11 AM. I was going to go to the hospital but I have to wait for the bed. I got the doctor to write out Jim's gazillion prescriptions. He had his resident do it and they are all screwed up. Luckily I read them over while I was still at TIRR. The doctor didn't have time to redo them last night. I have to pick the scripts up today and get them filled so I have them ready for Jim tomorrow.

I guess things will come together. It's just nerve-wracking right now.

No comments: