Friday, August 18, 2017

August 18, 2017

I had a busy day today.  Every morning I wake up, put on some clothes and take Sweetsie on a walk.  I figure she needs to go out as fast as possible after "holding" it all night.  She has only had one accident since we've been in an apartment.

Then we went to Walgreens and Fabric Depot.  I just needed some black wool blend felt.  Fabric Depot is huge and is only about one half mile from my apartment.  I'll have to go back and look around.  I was already tired from going to Walgreen's so I didn't stay long.  But, I did take a photo:


Yesterday I used my sewing machine for the first time in Portland.  I'm making a new bag for my walker.  Sweetsie has been tough on the bag that came with it.  Even though I plan on being able to give up the walker soon, it will come in handy for transporting stuff.

In the evenings I hand sew little kitty cats from felt while I watch TV.  This little kitten is on its way to Japan.  I gave my first kitty to my daughter-in-law's mother.


I had  physical therapy after lunch.  Then I was so exhausted the three of us took a nap.  (Getting in and out of a car is difficult and tiring with a broken hip.)  I only brought a twin bed with me to Portland so I have to fight the cat and dog for space.



I made an offer on the house that I mentioned in my last post.  It was accepted after some give and take.  Tuesday is inspection day.  If all goes well,  I'll move in in late September.  It will be the fifth place I've resided in since May 19, 2017 - first apartment, hospital, nursing home, retirement home and lastly my own house.

No comments: