Monday, August 7, 2017

August 7, 2017

Today I had a break in the routine.  I went to Walgreen's to pick up a prescription.  I got to shop while I was in there, too.

Sweetsie was just as excited to get out as I was.  She loves getting into the car.

Now it turns out that I need AAA batteries for my Amazon fire remote.  Maybe we will go on another outing tomorrow.  I love shopping but I tend to spend too much.  I could just order on Amazon.

I played trivia again today.  Even though I got a higher score than last week I only came in second.  All the Latin, German and Spanish I studied really comes in handy for trivia and crossword puzzles.  I didn't know any of the answers today but I can guess well with my language background.  The trivia players are much more friendly than the Rummikub players so I enjoyed myself.

The weather was better today.  It didn't get over 90.  I spoke to a lady who lives down the block.  I run into her every day while I'm out walking.  She said her air conditioner was running constantly and her electric bill increased by $10.00.  She needs to stay out of Houston.  My electric bill was $300-400/month.  I keep my apartment around 74 degrees.  I couldn't afford to keep it that cool in Houston.

I don't have much to write about today.  If going to Walgreen's is exciting, you can imagine how little goes on here in the retirement home.

As long as I take advil every 4 hours the pain in my leg is fairly well controlled.  Pain is exhausting and disheartening.  I'm feeling pretty upbeat tonight.  Soon I hope to fix up my sewing room and get back to the things I love to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you can get back to sewing. I can't do that, but I'm still here.

Marguerite