Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April 26, 2011

I received a call from the admissions office at TIRR around 1 PM today. There was a bed available but I had to get Jim there by 6. I said I wouldn't be able to do that. The woman, Revelyn(?) said she'd see if she could hold it until tomorrow. I called her back at 4:30 and they will hold the bed for Jim. He needs to be there late morning or early afternoon tomorrow.

I think this proves that TIRR is has a strong connection to Aetna. I have heard about people waiting weeks to get a place at TIRR. Aetna said they wanted Jim back at TIRR and they got it.

Jim has been doing so well at Sharpview. I am a bit apprehensive about this move. I hope we will be able to switch doctors. I dread hearing the repetitions that they make at TIRR. It's like there are certain things that must be said so they repeat them over & over again. The doctors and therapists seem so regimented.

Lupita and Jimmy were visiting Jim this evening. They were kind enough to pack up a bunch of Jim's stuff and bring it over. There's still LOTS more to pack tomorrow. I plan on getting there around 8:30 AM.

I'll have to take my baby kitten with me tomorrow morning so she can get her bottle. She went to the office with me today. I took her to the vet right after work. She thinks Stella is between 2 & 3 weeks old. She tested negative for feline hiv, heartworms, etc. She had fleas and I treated her with stuff from the vet already.

The vet suggested feeding her goat's milk. She really likes it. She is so cute drinking from her little bottle. I'll have to try and video her. She is the most precious little baby girl.

I had hoped to rest a bit this evening. Instead I'm washing Jim's clothes, putting some of his stuff away and trying to pack up what he will need at TIRR. I'm exhausted again. I am so tired of being so tired!

No comments: