Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April 6, 2011

My son Andy called me today. Even though it was a heated conversation it was nice to hear his voice again.

I write this blog because journaling is a form of therapy for me. Andy didn't appreciate me blogging about him. I don't write this blog to communicate with people personally. If I want to say something to someone, I will. I won't be posting on Andy anymore. I don't want to hurt his feelings. I will find a separate page in this blog that doesn't interface with facebook to work on my feelings that deal with him.

I've kept diaries since I was about 12 years old. I still have them.

Originally this blog was to keep track of the books I read so I wouldn't buy duplicates. Then it became a way to showcase my wearable art and crafts. I even wrote tutorials on this blog.

After Jim had his accident this blog became a way to communicate his status with family and friends. I couldn't talk to people because I kept crying. I'm better now and I do speak freely again.

Lately, I've been using this blog to hash out my feelings over the events in my life in addition to keeping family and friends informed on Jim's progress.

I find my old diaries an interesting window into my younger self. I hope that one day I will read over my blog posts and be proud that I made it through this troubling time in my life.

No comments: