Thursday, June 7, 2012

June 7, 2012

Jim and I went to a Board game meetup group on Tuesday.  They were playing "dungeon and dragons" type of games.  We wanted to play Scrabble, Password, old people games, I guess.  But, at least we went out together and we even had dinner.  The group met in the Potluck Sandwich Shop.  The people were nice but we didn't join in their games and won't be going back.  I'll start my own group, if necessary.

Tonight I'm going to a book club meetup group.  I read the books years ago - A House for Mr Biswas.  I don't remember much of it but I liked it.  The group meets at the library on Montrose near Richmond at 6 PM.  The time and place are convenient so I'm going to try it out.

Saturday is my sewing meeting.  They're doing another sew-in.  I don't know why people like to haul their sewing machines and all the other stuff to meetings.  Guess I'm just lazy.  But, I'll go and watch, take photos and talk with everyone.  I always enjoy our meetings.

It's amazing how much better I feel with just a little socializing. 

No comments: