Thursday, August 29, 2013

August 29, 2013

The dating world is a tough scene.  I met a guy I really liked.  We were supposed to go out tomorrow.  He emailed me that he is in another relationship and cancelled our date.

That's the trouble with online dating.  It's kind of like a smörgåsbord  (buffet - but I like the sound of smorgasbord better) of people:  try this one, go for that one...

When you're on one of the websites you can see if someone you've been in contact with is also on the website.  So, you're chatting with someone nice.  You log back in later and he is still there, presumably chatting up someone else.

It's disheartening.  But, it's part of the process.  You have to be willing to be hurt and rejected and hope a good one comes along and stays put!

I'm guilty, too.  I had the date for tomorrow but I still responded to emails from the dating sites.  It's necessary to not be exclusive to someone without the expressed agreement to be only with each other. Both parties have to agree.  If one doesn't live up to the promise, then you have a legitimate reason to be upset.

Maybe I'll just go get a dog.

No comments: