Saturday, June 3, 2017

June 3 2017

Two weeks ago I was having a great time with my family.  We met up at the food truck park on N Lombard St.  I even walked most of the way.

I'll be walking again eventually.  But it won't be the same.  Another memory will always cloud the activity.  I used to just fear falling so I walked slowly and sometimes used a cane. A cane won't stop a bus. I already looked carefully when the bus hit me.  I guess I'll just look around even more carefully from now on.

Yesterday was an okay day.  It was the first time that I dressed in regular clothes.  I fell asleep around 8 pm but woke up at 3 am with restless legs.  It's a horrible feeling.

Today I escaped my little room in a wheelchair.  I rolled down the hall to a window.  This place is located in a nice area. I saw 2 pretty birds.  One was a jay with a light blue body and dark blue head. The other was blue and white.  It didn't have a crest like a jay.  A good sighting in just a few minutes. Then I had a nice conversation with the patient across the hall.  Hopefully I'll make it to the patio tomorrow.  It hurts to be in a sitting position- too much weight on my broken hip.

This rehab center is quite pleasant for what it is.  I haven't run across an unhappy employee.  Call bells are answered quickly and with a smile.  Meals are mostly good.  I have a private room overlooking lush grass and pine trees.  I hope I will be able to stay here long enough to recover adequately.

I'm afraid that when I'm released I'll be stuck inside my apartment for months.  It will work only if Kevin will keep Sweetsie.  I miss my puppy but I won't be able to take care of her for a while.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you are able to get around. Sounds like a good rehab facility. Keep moving and enjoying the sites