Sunday, June 4, 2017

June 4 2017

Yay!  I can get out of my room now.  As long as I stay regular with my pain meds I'm able to sit in a wheelchair and roll around the building. Plus, it keeps me awake.

I enjoy talking to the other "inmates.". Some have been here for months.  Everybody is kind of lonely and bored.  So I'm not just entertaining myself, I feel like I'm helping other people.

My bout of depression is lifting.  I feel perky and happy to have survived.  It's like having a heavy rock lifted off my chest.

Before this accident I had big dreams of travelling.  I still want to but my priorities have changed.  I think I can go forward satisfied with being with family and just being independent enough to shop and do light exploring on my own.  Though I still would love to go on a world cruise and see the sights from the deck of a cruise ship.  I could do this despite being handicapped.  Now i just need to figure out how to pay for it.


No comments: