Monday, February 11, 2013

February 11, 2013

Mom was okay when I visited her this past Saturday.  I took her picture holding a sign "happy birthday, Joyce" and sent it to Joyce's daughter in law.  I stayed for awhile.  Then the painter called to say he was leaving.  I told Mom that I had to leave to go see the painter.  I left and she was just fine this time.

I went home and worked on the house some more.  Then I got dressed up and went to Kim Son restaurant to meet up with the International Social Group.  We had dinner and celebrated Chinese New Year.  It was a very pleasant evening.

In the morning I went to the ASG meeting.  I presented a program on tie-dyeing with sharpies.  It went really well.  I brought lots of sharpies, muslin and rubbing alcohol.  Everybody got to mark fabric with the sharpies, sprinkle with alcohol and watch the colors run.  There was a larger than normal group.  I was worried that I didn't have enough experience with the technique to lead a group.  But, everyone had fun and enjoyed the program.

On Sunday I continued working on the house.  I decided to move the ATT equipment into my office.  That caused the phone, internet and cable to stop working.  A repair man came today and put the stuff back where it was originally and it started working.  He plugged the main digital phone into the box.  Now my regular phones won't work and that means my lifeline won't work.

I called the number he gave me and left a message.  I haven't heard back from him.  I tried removing the digital phone and then no phones worked at all.  I didn't want to lose everything so I put the phone back.  If I don't hear from him I'll try another phone.

Andy installed a "door devil" in my front door.  It's to prevent the door from being kicked in.  He worked really hard on it.  He wanted to move the dead bolt to a safer position.  That made it so that he had to go get a new lock.  He wants to put in door devils on my other doors.  It's nice that he is worried about me.

No comments: