Monday, February 18, 2013

February 18, 2013

I celebrated Valentine's Day by having my lap band removed.  I got to the hospital at 6:30 AM and didn't leave until 6:30 PM.

Dr Marvin had to make 6 incisions to dig that gizmo out of me.  The incisions are small but they really hurt.

Today I got into my car to go to an appointment.  I almost didn't make it.  Getting out of the car hurt so much.  I didn't take any pain meds so that I would be able to drive.  I had a couple of other stops that I had planned to make but instead I came right home.

I called my boss to tell her that I wouldn't be in tomorrow.  If I could be "beamed" to the office, I would be able to work.  It's amazing how many motions we make everyday in which we use our abdominal muscle:.getting in and out of a car, in and out of chair, in and out of bed, walking, reaching, standing, etc. etc.

It's boring sitting around waiting to feel better!

No comments: