Thursday, February 21, 2013

February 21, 2013

I'm taking a break at work.  I shut my office door.  I wish I could take a short nap but I'm not going to lay on the floor.

I'm still in a lot of pain.  Work takes my mind off it but I just feel so tired.

The doctor checked me yesterday and said that I seemed fine.  She said they had to pull some underlying tissue really tight to get it to close and that's why I hurt so much.

I postponed my hammer toe surgery from next week to May 16th.  Classes will be over and it will be easier to take time off.

This weekend is the sewing guild retreat.  I will be able to rest better there since I won't be moving stuff around in the house.  I just have to get somebody to help lift my sewing machine for me.

I've been making little flowers while I sit around watching TV.  The little ones (1" in diameter) are just so cute.  I was making 2 - 3 inch ones.  Then I read about "inchies."  It's a new hot thing for sewers.  You make a little square - 1 inch - decorate it, embroider, paint, whatever.  Then you swap with other sewers.  (So I'm making little flowers - they're not very square, though.)

I'm feeling very attached to my flowers so I probably won't swap them out.  They would be cute grouped together to make pin or to sew onto a sweater.  I'm thinking of making them into a necklace.

If I get too tired this weekend I can just sit and make my flowers and talk to people.  I haven't been to a sewing retreat in 2 years because I had to stay at home and care for my sick husband.  It will be nice to catch up with friends that I haven't seen for a while.

No comments: