Monday, November 19, 2012

November 14-15, 2012

I actually arrived at 4:40 PM on Wednesday, Tokyo time.  Tokyo is 13 hours ahead of Houston.

Kevin wasn't feeling well Thursday morning so he stayed at home with me.  I enjoyed being able to spend time with him.  In the afternoon he felt better so we walked to the 7-11 so I could use the ATM machine.  After you put in your card, the ATM will ask if you want it to talk in English.  It would only let me get 30,000 yen which is around $280.00.

We looked around the 7-11.  They sell lots of freshly made food there.  One special item - "American dog" - it's kind of like a corn dog.  Kevin says they're pretty good.

Then we walked a little further and went to the grocery store.  It was very exotic to me.  The Japanese make great bread and cakes.  I bought some freshly baked bread at the bakery.  I bought cream for my coffee and some cookies - the important staples.

After we got back I fell asleep for 3 hours.  Kevin said he slept for 2 hours.

Tomoko came home with Kenny.  She made corn soup, beef patties, potatoes and salad for dinner.  She is a very good cook!

I went to bed around 11 PM and didn't get up until 10:30 AM the next morning.  All that extra sleep got me over jet lag.

I was home alone that day, Friday.  I wanted to help out so I did some dishes and vacuuming.  Then I sat around reading and fooling around on the computer.

Tomoko arrived with Kenny, already nursing.  That baby just can't get enough.  Kevin came home and kept Kenny occupied so Tomoko could make dinner.  She made fried chicken, tomato salad and something else which I've already forgotten.

I got tired around 8 PM and decided to just go to bed.

No comments: