Monday, November 19, 2012

November 17, 2012 part 2

We walked around the Maranuchi shops after lunch.  Everything was very expensive.  I did buy a Hello Kitty bag with a Geisha kitty on it.  It was made in China but only for the Japanese market.  So, it was relatively inexpensive.  I paid around $25.00.  I wanted to add some of the little charms they sold to hang on the bag.  But, each one was around $10.00.  I would be able to find similar items at home in a dollar store.

I bought some souvenirs in a couple of shops that only sold items made in Japan.

I took photos of some store items.  These are pins made from folded ribbon to form animal heads.  One is a lion and the other is a cat.  Retail price for each was $160.00.
There were also ribbons folded to look like candles and put on trees for decoration.




I liked the flower decoration on these sweaters.  I didn't even bother looking at the price.  They were in a swanky store.


We went to the basement level to look at toy stores.  It was very crowded.  I just stood by a pole so no one would knock me over.  It was "every man for themselves" downstairs.

By the time we were ready to leave it had stopped raining but was already dark.  The Japanese do not set their clocks back for the winter.

The train home was crowded once more.

Just going from one part of town to another is exhausting in Tokyo!

No comments: