Saturday, July 27, 2013

July 27, 2013: Hawaii Day One

My flight left at 8 AM on July 18th.  I had to change planes in Los Angeles.  I walked around the terminal watching for movie stars - no luck.  I boarded the plane, sat down and then Monty Hall walked down the aisle.  I thought about saying "come on down" like he did on Let's Make a Deal.  I can't believe he's 91 - he looks good.

I arrived in Honolulu around 3 PM.  Kevin, Tomoko and Kenny were at the baggage claim to pick me up.  It was wonderful to see them!  Kenny was shy but he recognized me from Skype and my last visit.

We drove back to the condo at the Waikiki Banyan.  We were on the 19th floor in Tower 2.  It had a kitchenette, bathroom, a bedroom with 2 beds and a living area.  It suited us fine.  I slept on the sofa.  I never needed melatonin or advilPM.  I slept great.  It was so great not to be all alone.  I was in the same condo with people I loved and loved me back!

We all unpacked and took naps.  Here's the 3 of them sound asleep together.
 I woke up first and finally made them wake up, too.

Kevin missed Mexican food so we found a Mexican restaurant.  It was cute inside but the food was awful.  It was just precooked stuff (I had a breaded chicken breast) covered with salsa and it was expensive, too.

Then we walked along Waikiki.  The beach is narrow but very long with grassy areas between the street and the sand.  We went shopping and Kenny tried on a big pair of shoes:



No comments: