Sunday, July 7, 2013

July 7, 2013

This has been a very long weekend.

Thursday was the Fourth of July.  I celebrated by having a manicure/pedicure.  The only place open was Walmart.  I have orange nails to match my car!    Then I went and visited Mom.

On Friday afternoon I had my third date with a man I met online.  He had been very sweet to me.  I'd get texts or emails from him all day long.  He wasn't pushy and had lots to talk about.

Friday night  I played trivia with one of the meetup groups.  We won first prize.  I contributed one answer.  What field was Margaret Mead famous for?  "Anthropology!"  I was doing terrible on all the other questions.  But I enjoy the people and the game.

On Saturday I had just made my lunch and Lupita called and came over.  We had a great time - went to 2 thrift stores, saw "World War Z" and had Chinese food for dinner.  She is a lot of fun to be with.

Today is Sunday and I have almost completed a maxi dress that I'm making for my trip to Hawaii.  Somebody gave me the fabric and it looks very Hawaiian.  I'll post a picture when it's all finished.  The directions came from another blog and they are super easy.

I was supposed to go to a club with another meetup tonight.  I'd rather sew than be stuck in a crowded noisy place.

It's good to do what I want to do.




1 comment:

Marie said...

Glad you are blogging again...Good decision on the 'new' man. Nice that you learned his dislikes so soon before investing more of yourself. Onward!