Tuesday, July 18, 2017

July 18, 2017

I went to Fred Meyers on the Russelville bus yesterday.  The bus driver put my walker outside the east building.  When the bus arrived at the store he brought over a grocery cart.  I put Sweetsie in the cart on top of a towel that I brought along.

There was an employee at the door who told me that Sweetsie couldn't ride in the cart.  Someone had complained about dogs in the carts being unsanitary.  Does one person's complaint make the rules?

I tried to have Sweetsie walk beside the cart.  Her leash kept getting tangled up in the wheels. I tried holding her.  I couldn't handle that.  So, I held Sweetsie with my arms resting on the handle of the cart.  I was getting exhausted but I wanted to find the things on my list.

Finally I had to put Sweetsie in the cart.  No other store employee said anything to me.  We were probably in the store for over an hour.

Sweetsie and I got back on the bus.

The driver stowed our groceries.  The other riders told me that we are supposed to bring large bags with handles so it would be easier for the driver.  It would have been nice if such information was posted in the newsletter or information packet.  

That little trip to the store exhausted me.  I went to bed at 9 PM and actually fell asleep.  I slept till 9 the next morning.  

I have to catch one of the bus drivers to ask about their routes on the doctor appointments days - Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.  Next week I have an appointment with my surgeon.  His office is not on the list of destinations.  But it is nearby.  If I can't take the bus, there is always uber. 
Hopefully, the doctor will say it is okay for me to drive.  Then I can go where I want, especially visit the kids.  I just have to be careful.  I get tired so easily.  It is taking forever to get my strength back.

This is a picture of my apartment door.  The little Mexican doll is one of the odd bits that escaped the storage unit.


I bought a plat of hydroponically grown grass for Sweetsie.  It lasts a couple of weeks.  But Sweetsie has no interest in using it.  I was hoping that she would use it in the mornings.  It would be so nice to have a cup of coffee before having to get dressed and take Sweetsie outside.  

Stella enjoys eating the grass.


If I get a condo, it has to have a patio.  I'll put a couple plats of grass on it.  Maybe Sweetsie will use the grass since it would be outside.  Or maybe I can find a small house with a yard to buy.

I keep looking at property online.  But, I can't go look at it.  After I can drive again I go look at places in person.  The photos online do not provide enough information about the property.  One place looked great online but it was on a steep hill.  I need to live where there is no sharp incline.  It's difficult in Portland since it's hilly here.

I will need to remain in Russelville, the retirement home while I continue to recuperate.  There's no way I could do all the tasks necessary for total independent living.  It's hard enough living here and taking care of myself.  I need to remain patient and heal.







No comments: