Tuesday, July 4, 2017

July 3, 2017



My things from apartment # 1 are coming today!  It's noon and the movers are still at my old apartment packing stuff.  I didn't think it would take them more than 2 hours.  They've been there since 9 AM.  I thought all I had left was furniture and clothes.   Hopefully the management at both apartments won't give them a hassle about using the freight elevator.

I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight.  Since I've been in the new place I haven't been able to sleep.  At 2 AM Stella kitty and I are still up looking out the window at the metro train station.  There wasn't much activity last night, a Sunday.

I hired a caregiver to come at 11 AM this morning to help with the movers.  By the time they get here she'll be leaving.  I don't have anything else for her to do so I sent her to the liquor store to buy me some vodka.   I'll try that tonight and see if I can fall asleep.  I'm just so exhausted from not sleeping well.  I did a lot of walking yesterday and I thought that would help me to get to sleep.  It didn't work.

Yesterday I got to play Rummikub with a group here.  I haven't played that in ages.  We used to play for hours every weekend and holidays with Lupita and Jimmy. These ladies play for about 90 minutes.  They only play on Sunday afternoons.  I will keep playing with them and maybe someone will want to play more frequently.

I finally had to call the moving company's main office to find out what was up with movers.  They said they had truck problems.  And then they were going to lunch.  They estimated that they would be at Russellville at 3:30 PM.

They finally arrived at 4:30 and left around 8 PM.  I have so many things to put away!


No comments: