Monday, July 24, 2017

July 24, 2017

I've been sleeping better the last couple of nights.  Not tonight.  I was feeling good this morning.  So I overdid- too much walking and using the recumbant elliptical machine.   Now my hip hurts in whatever position I try.  I just took some advil and I'm waiting for it to kick in so I can sleep.

Overall I'm feeling better.  I get tired easily but not exhausted like a couple of weeks ago.  The better I feel the more I resent not being able to explore Portland.  I'm a prisoner in a retirement home.  Once I can drive again I think I'll be much less bored.

I played tile rummy again today.  Sweetsie is such a good girl.  She napped in my walker basket most of the time.  I wished these ladies played more often.  It's only once a week on Sunday at 2 PM. We play about 90 minutes or so.  I remember playing almost 8 hours with Jimmy and Lupita on a holiday a few years ago.

Bridge is played more often.  I'm going to have to get better at it.  If they play by changing partners throughout the games, then I don't need to remember all those bidding conventions.  I just to need to pay attention to what cards have been played, how many trump are left, etc.  People get so serious when they play bridge.  I like to win but playing is fun win or lose.

Time to see if I can lay down and fall asleep.

No comments: