Sunday, May 1, 2011

May 1, 2011: Now for the good news!

When I arrived home yesterday evening Lupita was holding my kitten who was limp and near death. Stella took a down turn during the short time that Lupita left her to take Mom to the hairdresser.

I thought that I was going to hold her while she took her last breath. She started jerky movements. I thought it would be best to put her back in her carrier. She looked like she was experiencing death throes. Then she got quiet but was still breathing.

Finally I had to go to bed. I took the carrier with me and put it on the bed. Stella woke up and cried. I gave her some goat's milk and held her for a long time.

This morning she woke up hungry and healthy! It is wonderful. I fed her and held her. Now she is in her carrier on a heating pad taking a cat nap.

I might take her with me to the hospital today. I think Lupita will be nervous about caring for her. I'll have to sneak Stella in and won't be able to stay very long.

Jim's roommate left yesterday and we moved Jim to the window side of the room. Hopefully, he won't get a new roommate today so it will be easier to keep Stella in the room.

No comments: