Sunday, May 8, 2011

May 8, 2010: Mother's Day

At midnight Mom had one of her night terrors and woke me up with her screaming. She slept right through it. I couldn't go back to sleep so I watched TV until 1:30 AM. At 5:30 AM Mom was calling me from her room. She had fallen out of bed and was sitting on the floor.

She was all nervous and couldn't do anything to help herself get up. I tried using a sheet around her waist and pulling her up. But, I couldn't budge her. So, I called the paramedics. It took 3 firemen to get her standing. She was moaning and groaning and they were worried that she was injured. I told them that she wasn't hurt and they left.

Last year Mom fell when Jim and I were at Texas City. She pressed her first alert button. The paramedics came and took to the ER. She hated that. I told her if she kept crying that she'd have to go to the hospital again. At least she listened to me.

Mom went right back to sleep but I couldn't. It's 8:50 PM and I'm planning on going to bed very soon. Stella just woke up so I'm stuck with her for a while. But she'll eat and play a little and go to sleep.

I got to TIRR around noon today but I had to leave at 6 because I was so tired. Lupita was baking me cookies when I got home. She has been a wonderful to all of us.

Around 8 PM the doorbell rang. It was a flower delivery from Kevin & Tomoko! I was happy that I was home when the flowers were delivered. Thank you, Kevin and Tomoko.

I was feeling sorry for myself. There were family gatherings at TIRR. But, I was the only family visiting Jim. The flowers have cheered me up.

I have to go to bed. I've got pictures to post - tomorrow.

No comments: