Sunday, May 22, 2011

May 22, 2011: Sunday at TIRR

Weekends are really boring at TIRR. During Jim's last stint they had games on Sunday. But, the therapist who handled games went back to school and they haven't replaced her.

Jim remains positive and cheerful. I try but it doesn't work for me. I'm apprehensive about Jim coming home. Now his discharge date is June 1. TIRR considers Lupita the primary caregiver. Maybe they think she lives with us. I will have to be able to put Jim to bed at night. He won't want to go to bed at 4 in the afternoon.

This morning Mom was sitting in her chair when I got up at 7:30. I fed Stella and had my coffee. Then I went down to talk to Mom. I brought her a glass of OJ and told her to come on down to the kitchen. Around 10 AM my brother called and told her to get up and moving. So she finally made it into the kitchen by 10:30 AM. I gave her a couple of oranges. Lupita arrived at 11 and Mom told her I wouldn't feed her. Then she starts singing "Lupita, Lupita, you're so beautiful, etc,etc." It's nice she likes Lupita so much. I guess she thinks I don't do anything for her. When I come home in the evening Mom gets up and goes to bed. She has gotten so used to being waited on that she hardly does anything for herself.

I just see my future as being a servant to Jim and Mom. It makes me sad. It's so weird that I will be the strong able-bodied one at home. Jim used to complain that I always had something for him to do. Guess it's my turn now.

No comments: