Sunday, January 30, 2011

January 30, 2011 Mom

Mom is having a very difficult time also. I am rarely home these days. I have someone come over to watch her every day. She gets them to do every little thing for her so she is moving around less and less. She is also getting very confused.

I came home today at around 1:30 PM to pick up more clothes. Mom was still in her pj's. She got up and went down the hall to the bathroom. When she came back into the family room she asked Lupita and me how we slept. Then she wanted breakfast. She didn't believe us that it was 2:00 in the afternoon.

Mom has been having more night terrors lately. She makes blood curdling screams at night sometimes. It's no wonder that I was scared of the dark when I was little. She really scared Jim the first time that he heard her. I told him that she had been doing that ever since I can remember. Now she has added lots of talking along with the screams.

One morning I was still at home and she pressed her lifeline button. I checked on her and she said she was scared and wanted something to drink. I told her that lifeline would send an ambulance for her. She didn't want an ambulance. She just wanted someone to come take care of her.

Jim's accident has affected all of us. My son, Andy told me to be positive. I'm positive that "life can really suck sometimes." That doesn't mean that I've given up on life. It just means that it is extremely hard on us all right now. This is the time when family members need support, not criticism.

No comments: