Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March 1, 2011: my teeth

I had 2 teeth pulled last week. The doctor gave me a prescription for amoxicillin. I hate antibiotics! I also had him write me scripts for diflucan and nystatin. Antibiotics always make me so sick.

The pain at the extraction site was lessening. But, then I couldn't swallow. My throat was so painful. I called the doctor and he said that it must be thrush and to discontinue the antibiotics. I've never had thrush this bad before - it's gross.

I had to go back to the dentist again today. As my thrush was clearing up the pain on the side of my tongue continued. I couldn't differentiate the pain while the thrush was in full bloom. I felt something sharp protruding from the extraction site. Turns out it was my jaw bone. Dr Hai numbed me up and sanded down my jaw bone.

I go back to him in 2 months so he can check how my implants are doing. He put bone growth material under my gum back there.

This is a pretty boring post, isn't it?

No comments: